Microdermabrasion is the most natural way to evenly and safely exfoliate the skin without chemicals or laser and is one of the most requested noninvasive cosmetic procedures. During the procedure crystals are used to gently resurface superficial layers of the skin. When a more aggressive treatment is necessary, vacuum pressure can be increased to evenly penetrate deeper layers of the skin.
- Rejuvenate facial skin
- Minimize or remove fine lines
- Smooth out acne scarring
- Rejuvenate sun-damaged skin
Certain physical attributes indicate that you are ready—and have reasonable expectations—of microdermabrasion:
You are a good candidate if you:
- Are very active and don’t want to take the longer recovery time needed for laser resurfacing or deeper chemical peels
- Are sensitive to chemicals
- Are not responding well to acne medications
- Have clogged pores and oily skin
Initially you may feel a very mild scratching sensation as the crystals make contact with your skin. As the treatments continue, this experience compares to a deep massage. To achieve the best result, multiple treatments are highly recommended. Treatments typically take 30 minutes to complete. Maintenance treatments are recommended every four to six weeks.