Breast augmentation surgery, also called augmentation mammaplasty, is a cosmetic procedure that uses implants to enlarge and shape the breasts. A new look may give you greater freedom to choose fashions and may give your self-image a boost as well.
Breast Augmentation Can:
- Bring balance when one breast is somewhat smaller than the other
- Restore natural breast volume that may have decreased due to pregnancy, weight loss or aging
- Resolve dissatisfaction due to a feeling that breasts have not developed to a size that meets expectations
- Are bothered by feeling that your breasts are too small
- Have lost weight and the size and shape of your breasts have changed
- Have had children and your breasts have become smaller and lost their firmness
- Find that dresses fit you well around the hips but are often too large at the bustline
- Have one breast that is noticeably smaller than the other
- Feel self-conscious wearing a swimsuit or form-fitting top
The incision for each beast implant is made in one of two locations: underneath the breast just above the crease or around the lower edge of the areola. The implant is placed either underneath the chest wall muscle or directly behind the breast tissue.